- Will Parchman: A statistical look at MLS Week 1
- MLSSoccer.com: MLS announces partnership with French Football Federation
- Kyle McCarthy: Buying or selling? MLS seeks the best of both worlds
- SI.com: MLS fills spring training void left by MLB teams in Tucson
- Earl Reed: The Designated Player Rule: How Is It Working?
- Steve Goff: Major League Soccer’s second generation
- Matthew Doyle: Why we often miss the point when we talk formations
- Alex Labidou: Five observations from MLS Commissioner Don Garber’s press conference
- Tropics of Meta: An MLS Moment: What the Chivas USA Controversy Tells US About the State of US Soccer
- MLSSoccer.com: Dell Loy Hansen acquires full ownership of Real Salt Lake
- The False Nine: The growth of MLS: a myth or a legacy?
- J Hutcherson: Major League Soccer’s January Economy
- L.E. Eisenmenger: MLS draft order defies MLS player development
- Brian Straus: MLS, USL partnership integral to rise of pro game
- Soccer Newsday: New Directions for NASL, USL PRO & NPSL
- Jeff Carlisle: Pathways to the pros
- BBC News: Is satellite TV killing African football?
The Dark Side
- Washington Post: At least 30 killed in Egyptian clashes after soccer verdict
- Gavin Day: CSA severs ties with 3rd division over match-fixing
- SoccerLens: La Liga: The spectre of match fixing looms
The Business of Soccer
- BBC Business: Premier League sells Middle East and Africa TV rights – Note that MP & Silva currently holds international rights to MLS
- ESPN FC: New ‘financial fair play’ rules for Spain
Message from Peter
Sorry if some of these are a tad dated. Computer committed suicide and I’m just getting back up and running.
Did You Know?
After going unbeaten last season, Juventus ran its unbeaten streak to 49 before losing to Inter.
- WV Hooligan: MLS International Recap
- Noah Davis: Is MLS Making the Rest of CONCACAF Better at the Expense of the U.S. National Team?
- Reserve League: Houston Dynamo and LA win MLS Reserve League division titles
- Jonah Freedman: MLS, NASL closer to working partnership
- Expansion: Merritt Paulson Forecasts Increase in MLS Soccer Franchise Fees
- J Hutcherson: Canada’s WC exit is an MLS problem
- TheStar.com: Toronto FC’s hands tied by meddling MLS
- MLS Talk: Will MLS Benefit From NBC’s Premier League Deal?
- Devin Pleuler: Pythagorean Expectation tested in MLS
- US Soccer Players: MLS and the Play-In Round
- Will Parchman: The MLS Cup favorites
- Jason Davis: The 2013 approach
- J Hutcherson: What We Expect from Major League Soccer
- Steve Goff: D.C. United is succeeding on field, but struggling at box office. A look at attendance at RFK Stadium and around MLS this year and through history…..
- CBC Sports: TFC targeted by bumbling match fixers in 2009
- BBC News: Roshan Afghan Premier League a hit with fans
- ESPN FC: How video game is changing face of soccer
- SI.com: Santos beats U. de Chile 2-0 to win Recopa title
The Business of Soccer
- Yahoo Sports: Spanish economist says La Liga could ‘kill itself’ within five years, suggests Iberian league
- Louise Taylor: EPL clubs in talks about restricting players’ wages
- Graham Ruthven: Are Financial Fair Play Rules Destined to Be Broken?
Of Special Note
- Top Drawer Soccer: Tracking MLS Home Growns in 2012 – I have Top Drawer Soccer in my Blogroll, you should have the site bookmarked if you follow MLS player development.
- Timbers: Portland Reserves in front of record crowd at JELD-WEN Field – Over 14,000!
- Boston Globe: MLS tries to build through Euro club visits
- Martin Rogers: Former phenom Freddy Adu running out of options
Read the rest of this entry »
- Shin Guardian: Interpreting Di Vaio’s Words On MLS
- Will Parchman: Top 5 MLS pleasant surprises
- Ridge Mahoney: New setting but Adu story is the same
- The Header: Identity Politics Shape Middle Eastern Soccer
- Zac Lee Rigg: For the Milan clubs, the grass isn’t always greener at the San Siro
- Independent: “The Football Crash”: Are footballers the bankers of modern sport?
- AP: La Liga, Serie A Vanish for Many US Viewers
- UEFA Champions League: UCL preliminaries continue
- CONCACAF Champions League: CCL Group Stage Day 2
- CAF Champions League: CAF CL Update
- Copa Sudamericana: Copa Sudamericana Update
- Greg Seltzer: The MLS Grinder: Chivas!!!!!!!!
- Tweed Thornton: MLS Carryover Minutes: What does this mean and why does it matter?
- MLS Talk: Tactically Speaking: 3 At The Back
- Brian Straus: Klinsmann knows the Americans’ problems, and patience is needed to break the chain
- David Hills: Said and Done
- Sid Lowe: Villarreal’s plight: an emergency board meeting in a dugout says it all
- The Offside: Congo Tragedy: Team Loses Twenty Returning From Friendly
- EPL Talk: Norwich And Swansea Create Blueprint For Future Clubs Promoted from Championship