- Through 6 games Sporting KC have yet to yield a 2nd half goal
- Through 4 games New England have yet to yield a 1st half goal
- Through 6 games Dallas has conceded 7 goals, all in the 2nd half and 6 in the final 15 minutes
- Hot Time in Old Town: Scoring Goals in MLS Part 1: The “true goal scorer”
- Bill Archer: Field of Schemes
- Jason Davis: Once Again, it’s MLS in the Champions League – I’ve read a bunch of the post mortem pieces after the last two MLS teams fell out of the CCL. This one works for me.
Message from Peter
Sorry if some of these are a tad dated. Computer committed suicide and I’m just getting back up and running.
Did You Know?
After going unbeaten last season, Juventus ran its unbeaten streak to 49 before losing to Inter.
- WV Hooligan: MLS International Recap
- Noah Davis: Is MLS Making the Rest of CONCACAF Better at the Expense of the U.S. National Team?
- Reserve League: Houston Dynamo and LA win MLS Reserve League division titles
- Jonah Freedman: MLS, NASL closer to working partnership
- Expansion: Merritt Paulson Forecasts Increase in MLS Soccer Franchise Fees
- J Hutcherson: Canada’s WC exit is an MLS problem
- TheStar.com: Toronto FC’s hands tied by meddling MLS
- MLS Talk: Will MLS Benefit From NBC’s Premier League Deal?
- Devin Pleuler: Pythagorean Expectation tested in MLS
- US Soccer Players: Why isn’t MLS like Europe?
- Tony Edwards: Work Rate
- Tweed Thornton: MLS Carryover Minutes: Why Your Team May Not Have Enough
- The Best Eleven: MLS Bargain Goal Scoring Leaders
- The Scoring Third: Orlando City Stadium: Behind the Numbers
- nextSTL: LHM Seeks MSL Stadium as part of new vision for Union Station in St. Louis
- Steve Davis: MLS in Minnesota? Perhaps, but at what cost?
- Simon Borg: MLS officials discuss NYC expansion plans, eye on 2016
- Nick Green: Chivas USA appears to be turning its herd away
- Frank Dell’Apa: The United States now exports strikers, not goalkeepers
- ESPN FC: Role of the new No. 10 in the Premier League
- David James: Life outside of the Premier League bubble is a bit of a culture shock
- Frank Dell’Apa: Battle for soccer’s place in America is humming along nicely
- Jason Davis: Soccer Is America’s Sport of Now
- Independent: The Last Word: Blame is the game and everyone is primed to kick it into touch
- SoccerLens: FIFA Laws of the Game: Ambiguity, Uncertainty & Room For Interpretation
- Grant Wahl: Inside Barcelona: Success beyond trophies for club president Rosell
- SoccerLens: Soccer For Cartoons: How The Beautiful Game Was Made For Saturday Morning
- UEFA Champions League: UCL Group Stage Day 2 Update
- Europa League: Europa League Update
- AFC Champions League: Asian CL group phase update
- Copa Sudamericana: Copa Sudamericana
- Shin Guardian: Decoding the MLS Playoff Push & That Tiebreaker Thing
- Expansion: In Minneapolis, soccer fans want say on Vikings stadium
- David Ignatius: Afghanistan: Goals or Bullets?
- Grant Wahl: The rise of Mexican soccer is a positive for the United States
- Martin Rogers: Mexico’s master plan produces soccer gold
- Guardian: The Secret Footballer: undercover in the Premier League
- Dave Laidig: Measuring 2011/12 EPL Player Performance
- Zach Slaton: E Pluribus Sounders (Part 1): Immigrant & NASL Roots
- Video: Soccer and the Mechanics of Sport on T.V. – An interesting piece on how sports are presented on TV and what’s missing in soccer.
- Nutmeg Radio: Win, Praise, Ignore, Repeat: The US Womens Soccer Teams Unhealthy Relationship with Society
- Dirty Tackle: A Russian drug smuggler still imprisoned in Chile is playing professional football
The Business of Soccer
- Soccer Politics: What is Soccer’s Business?
- Guardian: Liverpool’s John W Henry casts doubt on financial fair play’s chances
- Goal.com: What is Financial Fair Play and how will Uefa enforce it on Chelsea & Manchester City?
- Kyle McCarthy: Focus shifts to players as MLS embarks upon 2012 campaign
- US Soccer Players: MLS Miami
- Preseason in the Future: Disney, sports boosters seek $1M in incentives for soccer teams
- Matthew Doyle: Mining for the perfect midfield diamond
- Goal.com: The top 10 newcomers to watch in Major League Soccer in 2012
- Bobby McMahon: MLS – A Shrink To Success Formula
- Jason Davis: MLS Season 17: What We Think We Know
- Climbing the Ladder: The role of US players in MLS(minutes played) and other cool stats
Read the rest of this entry »
- Jeremiah Oshan: MLS And Youth Development, Part 1 – MLS And Youth Development, Part 2
- Kyle McCarthy: Extended Development Academy season prompts concerns about its participants
- Brian Quarstad: Integrating MLS Reserve League into America’s Lower Divisions – Part 1
- Soccer By The Numbers: How Efficient Are Player Salaries in Major League Soccer? Data From 2011
- Brotherly Game: The Expansion Draft: A Broken System?
- Brian Quarstad: MLS Preseason Destination Grande Sports World; 3 Years Ago it Was a Desert
Read the rest of this entry »
- Seth Vertelney: 2012 New Year’s resolutions for each of the 19 MLS teams
- Rafa Benitez Blog: Rafa Benitez analyses the top 5 European leagues and the MLS
- J Hutcherson: 2012: MLS Version
- The Daily Wiz: Expansion Part 1 – Expansion Part 2 – Expansion Part 3
- SI.com: Standard Liege’s Bruyninckx leads way in developing mental capacity – via Stumptown Footy
- US Soccer Players: UEFA’s Economy – via Stumptown Footy
- Richard Farley via EPL Talk: Detailing The Pyramid, Looking at the Current Role of Tactical Analysis in Football Coverage – via Stumptown Footy
- Guardian: January transfer spending set to be curbed by FFP and financial reality
- Unprofessional Foul: Real Americans Roundtable
- Corruption: Money Laundering, Premier League football, Operation Apprentice, and a little more on Portsmouth FC (again) – Part 1 – Part 2