Quickies You Can Read About Elsewhere(links all over the Soccersphere)
- Garber announces 34 game unbalanced schedule for 2012.
- Beckham and Henry on MLS Best XI
- Chad Barrett will miss Cup final with dislocated ankle.
- MLS Cup Final is sold out. I hope the tickets get used. I was at the last one at the Home Depot Center and there was a raft of empty seats in the season ticket holder section. I’m certainly expecting a full house with the home team on the field.
- Zach Woosley: The Two Sides of Phillip Anschutz: An American Soccer Savior With a Disturbing Social Agenda
- Jason Davis: Houston, LA, And The Money Game
- Duane Rollins: The SuperDraft in numbers: An analysis of the MLS draft – Duane put in a lot of time compiling this info.
- Shin Guardian: Aspirations of the Premiership? Those Would Be Eyes of Disillusionment, MLS
- Away From the Numbers: Supporters’ Papers Show Viability Of MLS Balanced Schedule
- Leander Schaerlaeckens: Another piece on how to fix the MLS playoffs – I still prefer Brian Strauss’ plan.
- David Hills: Said and Done
- Tom Dunmore: They Even Cheered Technique: The International Soccer League, Part One – Part Two
- L.E. Eisenmenger: Tim Holt, president USL, on MLS/USL affiliation and the new MISL
- Mirror Football via Kop That: How hooligan turf war is threatening to overshadow Boca Juniors’ season
- UEFA: Clubs may be forced to field locally trained players
- Kevin McKenna: Kick Celtic and Rangers out of the SPL
- SI.com: Barcelona president wants 16-club Spanish league
- WhoScored.com: A Football Statistics Site
- Steve Davis: The Klinsi Compromise